Do you ever look in the mirror and hate what you see?
In ‘God Loves Ugly' Christa Black shares her personal victory against powerful adversaries – her own thoughts, feelings, and reflection.
From world-touring stadium performer to rehab-bound bulimic binge eater, Christa's unashamed transparency will win your heart, hold your attention, and give you practical tools to overcome the monsters that can consume our lives. She invites the reader into her own painful struggles and spiritual journey, providing solutions to life's problems in a highly entertaining and vulnerable, yet empowering way.
You were made to live free. Whether you are struggling with an eating disorder, depression, addiction, or just feeling a little insecure, ‘God Loves Ugly' will shift the way you think, motivate permanent change, and inspire your heart to find peace.
- “I wish I had this book when I was struggling with bulimia as a teenage girl. Thank you, Christa, for presenting your story with such raw vulnerability and honesty. You show that true beauty comes from what seems like the ugliest secrets. Freedom will be experienced by many as a result. And as the mom of three girls, I promise I will be referencing this book often.”
Award Winning Singer-Songwriter
- “This book is for anyone who has ever wanted to be loved. It's not just for people in despair or rehab; it's a dose of loving truth for us all. I can attest to this awakening in Christa's life…I've seen it up close, and it's beautiful! This beauty-for-ashest story will never grow old.”
Singer-Songwriter / Part Of The 268 Generation
- “Brilliantly written, real, raw, inspiring. Christa is a true role model who has an amazing story to share and teach from.”
Author of Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Beiber's Mom
- “If ever there was a book worth reading and a journey worth taking, it is this one. Christa has a remarkable way of putting her heart on paper. God Loves Ugly will encourage you to search your own life and rediscover truth, beauty, and how love changes everything. Whether you're 9 or 109, the words in these pages will teach you to see what new eyes.”
Worship Leader, Songwriter
- “God Loves Ugly is a song that changed my life and self-esteem, and now God Loves Ugly is a book that inspired my heart.”
American Idol Winner
- “After reading God Loves Ugly, one word kept echoing through my mind and heart: compassion. Christa courageously peels back the layers of fear and defense mechanisms to reveal a heart created to receive love ad live a life of compassion. Battling the lies that try to guide our beliefs is my story and the story of countless others. Christa shares keys to freedom from the lies and like a true friend, leads you down the path to total joy and deliverance. You won't be disappointed!”
- “Christa really hit the bulls-eye with God Loves Ugly. I can’t wait to give this book to my mom, sister, and every other woman in my life. It’s extremely relatable and encouraging.”
- “I can’t recommend this book enough. Christa’s effortless style and honesty will reach hearts, inspiring hope for all who struggle to believe true freedom is for them.”
Grammy Winning Artist
- “Intelligent, creative, humble, generous, passionate, raw, and honest…these are some of the words that spring to mind while reading this wonderful piece of heartfelt literature by my friend Christa Black. As she delves into subject matter that is often danced around, she has the grace to give each of us readers real-life stories, with real-life answers in a way that empowers and brings light rather than shame. I am confident that this book will be life changing and life saving for so many, and my heart is ever grateful for the courage and tenacity of our beautiful Christa. Be inspired as you read.”
- “This book is a beautiful portrait of the Father's heart for us. I love how Christa exposes the lies of beliefs that disempower. She does a great job of teaching people to know who they are and how the Father sees them.”
- “Christa has a devout wish to see people healed, set free, and restored to a brand new identity and destiny. This book will bring restoration and healing to the low places in people’s lives.”